Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

QUIC application

From: "Irigoyen, Alex" <000000fdd1153508-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 16:09:39 +0000

Sorry for the cross-posting as I am posting this in the Network and Security list servs:

As students settle in and we look at our increased traffic, we notice that QUIC is listed within the top applications
used on the network. Curious if anyone is blocking QUIC to force Chrome to fail-back to TLS/SSL for better application
visibility and control? For those that have blocked it, has anyone noticed any differences or received any related
performance reports from their users (such as from student gamers)?

   Alexander Irigoyen

   Network Manager

   University of Redlands

   Office: 909.748.8315

[cid:be8c43bc-3bc5-4b71-9ef0-f54cdcb821b7]

Don't forget to register for our Tech event on October 29th at www.redlands.edu/urtech<http://www.redlands.edu/urtech>