Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Data Classification

From: "Telfer, Will" <Will_Telfer () BAYLOR EDU>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2019 19:45:56 +0000

We have a data classification policy online, located here: https://www.baylor.edu/its/index.php?id=83590

We are currently using Spirion (formerly Identity Finder) in certain departments that deal with PII consistently based
on the nature of the job, but are exploring other solutions that would allow us to track data stored on the University
provided Box & Office 365 software/platforms. The enforcement decisions would be based on what we learned from a
baseline scan, so some of that policy has not been set yet.

Thank You,
Will Telfer, M.S.
Information Security Analyst
Information Technology Services

Follow BaylorITS & look for the #BearAware:
Twitter: @BaylorITS
Facebook: facebook.com/BaylorITS