Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Web vulnerability scanning of hosted environments and SAAS

From: Brad Judy <brad.judy () CU EDU>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2019 14:46:56 +0000

For SaaS services, we’re most likely to contractually require them to perform periodic third-party security
assessments. During the initial contracting phase, we may ask for a copy of the most recent third-party report (for
high risk applications, we don’t do it for everything) and hopefully we can get them to accept contracting terms that
allow us to perform some level of our own audits or allow us to request the results of their third-party tests on a
recurring basis.

Brad Judy

Information Security Officer
Office of Information Security