Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Data Center Forward Proxies/Web Security Gateways

From: Rich Lang <richard.lang () DOMAIL MARICOPA EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 15:10:56 -0700

Good day Educause Information Security Practitioners,

MCCCD is interested to hear about how you architect and protect your data
center environments with forward proxy servers.  We have a number of
competing strategies employed with half-proxy tech that doesn't fully
decrypt outbound traffic.  We would like to hear if you invest in full
proxies or rely on half proxies.  Do you maintain URL restrictions at the
proxy or at the traditional firewalls.  Do you inspect traffic with:
network DLP, block malicious CNC sites, fingerprint traffic, etc., Is open
source your solution i.e., clustered Squid, SNORT IPS or do you look at
commercial products like Palo Alto, Cisco, Fortinet, Forcepoint, F5,
Citrix, Bluecoat, etc.

Many Thanks,
Richard C. Lang

RICHARD C. LANG, CSSLP

MARICOPA COMMUNITY COLLEGES

Director Information Technology,

Security & Planning

2419 West 14th Street, Tempe AZ 85281

480.731.8873 | 480.731.8850

richard.lang () domail maricopa edu

www.maricopa.edu

Shuttle Tydirium
"Do they have a code clearance?"
"It's an older code sir, but it checks out. I was about to clear them."