Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: FMAudit

From: Dale Lee <dlee () CALBAPTIST EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019 21:46:35 +0000

Robert,

We run FMAudit on our windows print server.  It communicates to the printer devices via SNMP for collection, then to
the service provider on port 80/443.

You could lock the internet outbound (N-S) to the range of the provider, and limit the local traffic (E-W) to only SNMP.

I was able to find a FMAudit white paper at
http://www.cannon4.com/products/software/pdf/fmaudit/FMA_Tech_White_Paper.pdf

Dale Lee