Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Distributing initial credential

From: Colin Abbott <colin.abbott () MCGILL CA>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2019 19:10:45 +0000

Hello,

    We are undertaking an IAM initiative and part of the project is to replace our current legacy process for
provissioning active directory accounts with a more secure process. I have been asked to poll the audience and see what
mechanism other universities are using for distributing the initial credential especially if anyone is combining this
process with setting up SSPR (Microsoft self-service password reset) and MFA?

Thanks
Colin Abbott, CISSP, CCSP | IT Security Architect  | McGill University | Network and Communication Services |
514-398-5070