Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Managed services provider question

From: "Pete, Andrew" <000000d06e28c017-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 20:24:31 +0000

Hey Tom,

To clarify, they only want us to move our TACACS authentication (used for network management like routers, switches,
wireless controllers, etc) to their platform.  Other systems like the ones you mentioned below would not be changing.

We ultimately think this is a bad idea as it would mean that authentication would be off premise and we would have very
limited control over it.

Andy