Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [EXTERNAL]Re: [SECURITY] Proof point vs Mimecast

From: "King, Ronald A." <raking () NSU EDU>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 18:31:36 +0000

At my previous institution, (a GSuite shop) we did a POC of 60 days with ProofPoint. It was expensive when we were
quoting the product at the end of the POC. So, it looked like we would not be purchasing it. However, when the POC
ended and I went on a cruise for 10 days, I came back and found it had been purchased and being implemented.
Apparently, one of our executives started getting blasted by SPAM and phishing messages with several other account
compromises. It was worth the expense.

As someone else stated, it was a challenge to renew every year.

We are looking at our options here for O365 next year. Based on these responses, I think Mimecast will be worth a look
when we test.

Ron

Ronald King
Chief Information Security Officer

Office of Information Technology
(757) 823-2916 (Office)
raking () nsu edu<mailto:raking () nsu edu>
www.nsu.edu<http://www.nsu.edu/>
@NSUCISO (Twitter)
[NSU_logo_horiz_tag_4c - Smaller]