Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: VPN Concentrator replacement

From: "Dugan, Darin D [ITSYS]" <dddugan () IASTATE EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 13:27:19 +0000

Cisco ASA / AnyConnect here for a long time. As soon as they fix the iOS
AnyConnect client we'll be changing authentication from LDAP to SAML against
our SSO IDP. Users see the SSO login and MFA challenge they're used to from
other services, not the AnyConnect username/password window. Makes MFA much
more user friendly than RADIUS integration.

(Cisco acknowledged bug in iOS AnyConnect where during connection if you
navigate away from AnyConnect to approve/retrieve MFA in another app on the
same device the connection starts over because you left AnyConnect. Supposed
to be fixed in 4.8 "Real Soon Now".)

Cheers.

--
Darin Dugan