Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: The Slate breakin

From: Mahmud Rahman <mrahman () MILLS EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2019 12:44:58 -0800

The Fortune article is the only one I've seen specifically mentioning
phishing. The mention of password-reset systems in other articles, and
Slate's message, also suggests the possibility of someone managing to get
through the password reset systems in other ways. I would assume the
implications for that are to review our password reset systems and evaluate
weaknesses there.

Mahmud Rahman MFA '04
Director of Systems and Banner Services, ITS
Mills College, Oakland CA
(510)430-2257
mrahman () mills edu