Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Why don't CISO's win EDUCAUSE awards?

From: Susan Grajek <sgrajek () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 20:32:24 +0000

Because they don’t get nominated. You can fix that!

EDUCAUSE honors leaders in our field each year as a way to recognize individuals who have made significant
contributions. I encourage you to nominate someone (or yourself!) whose record of accomplishments qualifies for one of
the following awards:

The Leadership Award<https://www.educause.edu/careers/awards-program/educause-leadership-award>, our highest
recognition to honor exemplary leaders whose work has had significant positive impact on advancing the theory and
practice of information technology in higher education.
The Community Leadership Award<https://www.educause.edu/careers/awards-program/educause-community-leadership-award>,
focused on community leaders’ and active volunteers’ service to the broader higher education information technology
community.
The Rising Star Award<https://www.educause.edu/careers/awards-program/educause-rising-star-award>, for people earlier
in their career, whose records reflects ongoing and exceptional growth in contribution to the profession and increased
levels of leadership and responsibility.
And NEW this year:
The DEI Leadership Award<https://www.educause.edu/careers/awards-program/dei-leadership-award>, to celebrate exemplary
leadership in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our community.

You can’t win if you aren’t nominated. Please take the time to nominate yourself or colleagues (at your or other
institutions) whose record of service deserves broader recognition.

All nominations are due by March 18.
If you have questions, feel free to contact me or a member of the EDUCAUSE Recognition
Committee<https://www.educause.edu/about/mission-and-organization/governance-and-leadership/member-committees/recognition-committee>.
 Thank you!
-Susan

Susan Grajek, Ph.D.  Vice President
Communities and Research

EDUCAUSE<http://www.educause.edu/>
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
1150 18th Street, NW, Suite 900 Washington, DC 20036
direct: 202.331.5350 | main: 202.872.4200 | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>