Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

How do you deal with "fake" student applications?

From: "Sosa, Byron" <bsosa () CLCILLINOIS EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 19:58:39 +0000

Good afternoon.  I have recently become a member of this forum and am impressed by the guidance that I have seen
flowing back and forth.  First of all, thank you for sharing.  Second, I have also seen an increase in the number of
"fake" student applications that are submitted /received at my institution and I was wondering if anyone else was
having the same experience?  If you are, is there any guidance that you can please share with regards to how you deal
with these in your environment?  Thank you in advance and have a good day.

Byron Sosa
Director of Information Security
Email:  bsosa () clcillinois edu<mailto:bsosa () clcillinois edu>

College of Lake County
19351 West Washington Street
Grayslake, Illinois 60030-1198
[cid:image001.jpg@01D42FE6.45C1A850]