Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: How do you block spoofed communications from HR, Payroll, the President...?

From: "Graves, Rich" <rxgraves () IU EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 16:45:21 +0000

Indiana University has a pretty broad S/MIME deployment for employees (not
students on gmail). We might be the only such .edu. It's a lot of work and
does constrain client choice (webmail is out and Android requires a $15 app)
but I believe that people would actually take notice if a message was
unsigned. As a bonus, we can encrypt, too. Depending on your situation, DKIM
might be an acceptable or superior alternative. Known issues:
https://kb.iu.edu/d/aluf

Rich Graves <rxgraves () iu edu>

Principal Security Engineer

https://OmniSOC.iu.edu/