Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Policies for IS Governance

From: William D Sanders <wdsanders () WIDENER EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 15:11:28 +0000

David,

I suggest beginning with HEISC’s page on policy (as was suggested to me) as a starting point.
(https://spaces.at.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/Security+Policies)

In addition, let me quote Goethe: “If you see a great master, you will always find that he used what was good in his
predecessors, and that it was this which made him great.”  Take a look at the policies that are available at the web
sites of many institutions.  You will get more than you need to work with, and you can absorb what is useful to you and
your program.

Dan