Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Strategic TTX facilitator service suggestion request

From: "Milford, Kim" <kmilford () IU EDU>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 14:58:32 +0000

Hello Ben,

In 2018, REN-ISAC held a series of six workshops that included guidance, a blended-threat exercise, and discussion at
different campuses across the US.  We partnered with a small private firm, Gate 15 [1] that has specialized experience
and keen interest in incident exercises.  I’m happy to provide more details about the program.  And perhaps some of the
hosts or participants might be willing to chime in here and provide more direct feedback on the sessions they attended.

REN-ISAC is slated to run a new series of six workshops in 2019, with new locations (although we may retain a few of
our excellent host locations from 2018!) and a new exercise scenario.  We’ll be kicking off the planning soon.  If you
would be interested in participating in the planning and hosting of one of the workshops, please let me know.

Or if you’d rather do your own thing, I can put you in touch with our colleagues at Gate 15 to provide a more tailored
exercise for you.

[1] https://gate15.global/

Best regards,

Kim Milford

Executive Director

REN-ISAC

kmilford () ren-isac net <mailto:kmilford () ren-isac net>

O:   317-278-4815