Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Fake Diplomas

From: "Baillio, Aaron" <abaillio () OU EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:21:58 +0000

We have a service that alerts us to these from time to time.  Often they’ll be on a random site like you listed or a
service listed on Pinterest or something like that.  In some cases, they advertise that they are fake diplomas, and in
that case, I don’t have a problem because they’re being honest.

It’s the ones posing as legitimate that trouble me and we try to issue a take down notice but in many cases it’s either
not an option or not available.  So, we’re concerned with it, but can’t always effectively address it.

B. Aaron Baillio
Deputy CISO
University of Oklahoma, IT Security