Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Diamond Assets for computer refresh

From: Michelle Ziegmann <mziegmann () CCA EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2018 06:24:40 -0800

Hi all, we are considering using Diamond Assets to support our computer
refresh process. They will pay us a fair rate for the computers we take out
of service, and provide very convenient shipping/pick-up and data erasure
services. For the data erasure, they report using "White Canyon
certification and Apple Erasure Protocols (NIST and NAID certified)",
adhere to NIST 800-88 standards, and can send us a certification for each
computer.

I'm not familiar with these certifications and standards, and wanted to get
some opinions on if this process and certification is satisfactory from a
data security standpoint. Also, any experiences with and feedback on
Diamond Assets you can share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Michelle

--

MICHELLE ZIEGMANN Senior Director of Customer Solutions

mziegmann () cca edu | o 510.594.5007

1111 Eighth St. | San Francisco, CA | 94107