Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security language in all IT job descriptions

From: Kevin Wilcox <wilcoxkm () APPSTATE EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 12:58:52 -0500

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018 at 12:44, Andrea Childress
<000000959e82509d-dmarc-request () listserv educause edu> wrote:

Does anyone have any language in IT (or all employee) job descriptions that requires information security
responsibility? We want to add some language to hold people accountable in job descriptions that translate into
performance evaluation elements.

If you do, is it the same language for all job descriptions or do you have separate language by job type i.e. system
admins are required to patch servers?

This is fantastic timing, we are trying to get this very thing passed
so it's included in every IT job, regardless of department/division.

I know that's not very helpful, I just wanted you to know you're not
fighting those battles alone.

If anyone is considering whether there's community interest such that
you will respond on-list rather than off, the interest is there!!

kmw