Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

NCSAM 2018 Highlights

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 15:26:23 +0000

As the 15th anniversary of National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) wraps up, we would like to thank the higher
education community another amazingly successful celebration! Colleges and universities continue to offer fun, creative
activities and events for students, faculty, staff, and their local communities. Here are just a few highlights.

  *   NCSAM Champions: Over 260 higher education institutions showed their support as official 2018
champions<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/ncsam-champions/>, along with individuals, businesses, organizations, and
government agencies.
  *   Webinar: Almost 250 participants joined us for the October 11 EDUCAUSE Live! webinar, Campus-Wide Two-Factor
Authentication (2FA) Saturation
Campaign<https://events.educause.edu/educause-live/webinars/2018/campus-wide-two-factor-authentication-2fa-saturation-campaign>
 and we’ve already had over 200 on-demand views of the recording.
  *   Twitter: Colleges and universities joined EDUCAUSE, Internet2, and the REN-ISAC in daily #CyberAware
conversations and weekly #ChatSTC Twitter chats to help share higher ed resources and tips.
  *   Partnerships: EDUCAUSE, Internet2, Duo Security, and the National Cyber Security Alliance partnered to help raise
awareness<https://staysafeonline.org/blog/adoption-mfa-higher-education/> about the adoption of 2FA/MFA in higher ed.

To keep this momentum going throughout the year, please visit our Security Awareness Campaigns website for ready-made
content that can be used year-round. And stay tuned…2019 content will be available soon!
https://www.educause.edu/securityawareness

Thank you for helping us make students, faculty, and staff #CyberAware in October and all year!
Valerie

Valerie Vogel
Interim Director, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE