Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Job opening: IT Risk and Compliance Program Manager

From: "Corn, Michael" <mcorn () UCSD EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 22:35:41 +0000

Hello everyone,

The UC San Diego security office is growing and we have a really interesting opening for someone wanting to work on
risk and compliance issues while staying grounded in technology and security engineering:

https://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?jobnum_in=94467

This position is designed for someone who can develop our R&C program (the usual assortment of performing risk
assessments, working to ensure PCI compliance, contract reviews) as well as helping analyze and engineer needs for
broader NIST 800-171 enclaves. Thus this isn't an audit position even if some of the work will involve shepherding some
audits through to completion.

Please feel free to contact me directly with questions.  UCSD is an incredible place to work and our IT organization is
aggressively revamping our entire computing ecosystem from IAM, to Enterprise Systems, to organizational analytics.
Security is no exception and is traveling down a very exciting and dynamic course.

Oh - note that there's one mistake in the online job description that's getting fixed. The position does require one to
be able to obtain DoD clearance.

many thanks
MC

Michael Corn | Chief Information Security Officer
mcorn () ucsd edu
University of California San Diego | ITS - Information Technology Services
10280 N. Torrey Pines Road, Suite 255 | La Jolla CA 92093 MC 0928
cybersecurity.ucsd.edu | esr.ucsd.edu