Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Alerting your campus to targeted phishing attacks - social media?

From: "Madeksho, Mary Christine" <mmadeksh () UTHSC EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 18:23:54 +0000

We have been looking at ways to alert our campus (faculty, staff and students) when there is a campus-wide phishing
attack.  We don't want to use email to notify people, as we are under the assumption that our emails are being read by
the "owner" of the compromised email account.

Does anyone use social media to alert your campus?  If so, what medium and how does it work?  While I am a Facebook
user, I'm not as savvy with Twitter, Instagram or other platforms. Any suggestions or pitfalls would be appreciated.
Chris Madeksho  │  Information Security Coordinator   | Information Technology Services
University of Tennessee Health Science Center
877 Madison Ave., Room 770 (Lamar Alexander Building)   │ Memphis, TN  38163
*: 901-448-1579   │ *: mmadeksh () uthsc edu<mailto:mmadeksh () uthsc edu>   │
http://uthsc.edu/its/information-security/