Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [External Sender] [SECURITY] Emailing Practices [encrypted/non-encrypted]

From: "Davis, Chris" <CDavis () LOURDES EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 23:16:15 +0000

This should be driven by your data classification policy. It will differ from school to school based on your compliance
requirements and your school’s tolerance for risk.

In general, I would recommend that PII/PHI never be emailed; but if it must that any It is encrypted.

Sent from my iPhone - please excuse any minor errors.

Chris Davis, PhD
Chief Information Officer
Lourdes University
cdavis () lourdes edu<mailto:cdavis () lourdes edu>