Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: [External] Re: [SECURITY] CIS vs NIST

From: "Bennett, Daniel" <00000061b05c90f6-dmarc-request () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 15:44:08 +0000

There are crosswalk guides available for CIS to NIST as well.  I see HIPAA on your list and NIST 800-53 (low and
moderate controls) is a good resource.  These are the controls that auditor could/would look for from OCR/HHS if you
had an issue.

Daniel Bennett
Enterprise Cybersecurity Architect
CISSP, ISSAP, ITIL

Information Security Office
Geisinger Health
100 N Academy Ave, Danville, PA 17822-2290
MC30-02
(w) 570-214-1685