Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: GDPR Question

From: Brad Judy <brad.judy () CU EDU>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 17:33:20 +0000

I don’t think there’s consensus on some of the statements made in that particular webcast. The law is about where
subjects reside, so the idea that data about a US resident transmitted from the EU to the US would be in-scope of this
law doesn’t fit with most of the reading/listening I have done on the topic.  I personally felt the speaker for that
session took a hardline compared to the other commentaries I have seen on the topic.

Brad Judy

Information Security Officer
Office of Information Security
University of Colorado