Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Results for October HEISC Survey on Current Risks & Top Issues

From: Valdis Kletnieks <valdis.kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 15:30:19 -0400

On Fri, 13 Oct 2017 18:48:44 -0000, Valerie Vogel said:

Thank you for responding to our latest quarterly HEISC survey on current risks and top issues in the higher ed
community.

The top 5 issues for Q4 (with 111 respondents):

Q3 Top 5 issues (with 57 respondents):

Q2 Top 5 issues (with 101 respondents):

Q1 Top 5 issues (with 114 respondents)

I'm having flashbacks to when I was helping with the early SANS/FBI Top 10/ Top
20 lists, where the same entries showed up year after year.

But if you want a demonstration of glacial progress, reading Karger&Schell's paper on
Multics Security, and then reading their 30 year retrospective, shows how
slowly progress is made....