Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Quarterly HEISC Survey on Current Risks & Top Issues (Vote by Oct. 12)

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:22:46 +0000

A friendly reminder asking our Security and Privacy Discussion Group subscribers to please respond to the final (Q4)
HEISC survey in 2017.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/66QMWNB

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel
Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel () educause edu>

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () educause edu>
Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 7:38 AM
To: Security Discussion Group List <SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU>, Privacy Discussion Group List <privacy ()
listserv educause edu>
Subject: Quarterly HEISC Survey on Current Risks & Top Issues (Vote by Oct. 12)

Greetings,

The Q4 HEISC survey on current risks and top issues is now open. This survey includes 2 questions and should only take
a few minutes of your time. Responses will be accepted through Thursday, October 12.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/66QMWNB

Background: Last year, we introduced a monthly informal poll to the Higher Education Information Security Council
(HEISC) working groups to get a general sense about current risks or top issues on campus. These results contribute to
the annual article<http://er.educause.edu/articles/2017/1/information-security-risky-business> about the top
information security issues in higher ed and help the HEISC Advisory Committee determine areas where additional
resources might be needed. This year, we will continue to poll the HEISC working groups, as well as the Security and
Privacy Discussion Group subscribers, on a quarterly basis.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel
Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel () educause edu>

October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month! Visit our Awareness Campaigns
page<http://www.educause.edu/securityawareness> for free resources.