Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Reminder: Submit a Proposal for the 2018 Security Professionals Conference by 10/24

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 20:32:51 +0000

Good afternoon,

The 16th annual Security Professionals Conference<https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2018>
will be held April 10–12, 2018 in Baltimore, Maryland. Please submit your preconference seminar or track session
proposal soon – the deadline (10/24) is just two weeks away!

The Security Professionals Conference is the premier forum for connecting with higher ed information security and
privacy professionals. The 2018 historic Baltimore Inner Harbor location inspires us with the great maritime traditions
of teamwork and innovation to face our common information security and privacy challenges, share collective
experiences, and explore innovative strategies to improve information security and privacy practices in higher
education.

This one-of-a-kind program needs all hands on deck. Don’t miss this opportunity to share your insight on the
information security and privacy issues facing higher education institutions today.

Submit a proposal<https://events.educause.edu/security-professionals-conference/2018/call-for-proposals> to be a
presenter by Tuesday, October 24.

Please let me know if you have any questions or would like to discuss this opportunity.

Thank you on behalf of the 2018 program committee!
Valerie

Valerie Vogel
Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel () educause edu>

October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month! Visit our Awareness Campaigns
page<http://www.educause.edu/securityawareness> for free resources.