Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

HEISC Quarterly Update, December 2017 - Check out all the helpful resources!

From: "Pitt, Sharon" <spitt () UDEL EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 13:36:15 +0000

Dear Colleagues,

Before the winter break begins, we wanted to share the latest resources and upcoming events on behalf of our HEISC
volunteers.

  *   Save the date for our EDUCAUSE Live! webinar on January 25, 2018, 1-2 pm ET. Kathleen
Styles<https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/om/pirms/leadership.html> (Chief Privacy Officer, Department of
Education) is our guest speaker.
  *   Help your campus respect privacy and safeguard data: Celebrate Data Privacy
Day<https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-program/awareness-campaigns#privacyday>
 on January 28, 2018.
  *   Twelve (!) new monthly topics are now available as part of the 2018 Campus Security Awareness
Campaign<https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-initiative/community-engagement/security-awareness#securityawareness>.
 Use the customizable content and suggested resources as you plan next year’s infosec awareness and training activities.
  *   The 2018 Security Professionals Conference program committee has finalized proposal selections and speakers have
been notified. The agenda and registration will be available online in mid-January.
  *   Updated versions of the HECVAT and HECVAT
lite<https://library.educause.edu/resources/2016/10/higher-education-cloud-vendor-assessment-tool> are now available.
This page includes a link to the REN-ISAC’s Cloud Broker Index.
  *   Cyber Liability Insurance FAQ<https://library.educause.edu/resources/2015/9/cyber-liability-insurance-faq>: A new
resource from URMIA and EDUCAUSE.
  *   NIST Special Publication 800-171: A Guide to Helping Colleges and