Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Frameworks

From: Shannon Roddy <sroddy () INTERNET2 EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 11:03:32 -0500

This topic is also of present interest to me.  One recent framework not
mentioned below which seems to have gained traction in some areas is the
NIST CSF:  https://www.nist.gov/cyberframework

On 11/20/17 4:09 PM, Snook, Allen wrote:
Fellow security minded colleagues,

With the vast list of security frameworks to choose from, ISO/IEC 27000,
COBIT 5, NIST SP 800-53, ITIL to name a few,  I have been tasked to find
the best one to use for our institution.  I thought it might be a good
idea to see what other institutions are using and why.

I leaning toward ISO/IEC 27000 series because of federal grants, and PCI
requirements.  Thoughts?

Regards,

*/Allen A. Snook/*

ITS Security Analyst