Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Securing Exam Transmission between Faculty

From: "Napier, Mark E" <mnapier () INDIANA EDU>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 14:00:46 +0000

Iā€™m not sure how many of our faculty use each these methods, but
1. Shared folder on secure file server
2. Encrypted email ā€” S/MIME has been pushed pretty hard at IU for signing of emails. The ability to encrypt emails is a
less-used, but simple to simple-to-use feature.
3. Other more cumbersome methods ā€” upload an encrypted file to a secure server and share the password out of band, for
example

--
Mark E. Napier   MIS, CIPT
Deputy Director of Information Technology /