Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

SCCM and Red Hat enterprise linux server management

From: Andrew Perchaluk <Andrew.Perchaluk () UMANITOBA CA>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 12:48:51 +0000

We currently use Microsoft's SCCM for managing our Windows server's part of which includes applying security patches
and reporting on security patch compliance.   Microsoft SCCM supported configuration includes a number of linux
operating systems, I'm wondering if anyone else is using SCCM for managing, pushing out security patches and reporting
on security patch comliance to their linux servers?  If you're doing this has it worked well, have there been any
issues you've encountered?

Andrew Perchaluk | Senior Systems Administrator | Information Services & Technology
University of Manitoba
637-E3 EITC Building
Tel: 204.474.8573
Cell:204.223.0683
E-Mail: andrew.perchaluk () umanitoba ca<mailto:andrew.perchaluk () umanitoba ca>