Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Reminder: TIER Campus Success Program CFP Closes Aug 25

From: Ann West <awest () INTERNET2 EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 00:53:23 +0000

Campus Success Program Reminder

We’re just 9 days away from the deadline for the call for proposals for the TIER Campus Success Program to jumpstart
your adoption of TIER-containerized IAM-related software. If you have plans to adopt one or more of the TIER components
(Shibboleth, Grouper, COmanage), please consider submitting a proposal.

What’s in it for you? We’ll form a cohort of campus implementers to support one-another, including hosting bi-weekly
calls. We will also provide a training opportunity for two individuals from your institution, and we will make
available subject-matter experts to help address your questions and issues.

What’s in it for the community? By participating in the program, you agree to provide documentation of lessons learned
during your deployment, such as presentations, project reports, and any TIER-related artifacts that you produce.
Everyone will benefit from your experience.

How do you submit a proposal? Visit the TIER Campus Success Program wiki to see additional information and application
materials (https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/oQrABg), as well as a link to the webinar held earlier this month. You can
send any questions to Erin Murtha at Internet2 (emurtha () internet2 edu<mailto:emurtha () internet2 edu>).

We’re looking for a select handful of a wide range of campuses for this program, so don’t be shy!

Cheers!
Ann

Ann West
AVP, Trust and Identity
Internet2
W:720.379.9666

-------
And here’s my original email:

Dear Colleagues,

The TIER Program invites a diverse group of higher education institutions to submit a proposal to participate in the
TIER Campus Success Program. Through this program, TIER will provide education and training, access to subject-matter
experts to support adoption, and facilitate peer engagement with fellow adopters. The goals of the program include:

  *   assisting campuses in the successful deployment of one or more TIER-packaged components to address one or more
campus need(s),
  *   accelerating local adoption of TIER components so the community has guidance more quickly,
  *   providing lessons learned about the local challenges and solutions and developing the first deployment guidance
and advice for later adopters in the form of presentations, project reports, and locally produced TIER-related
artifacts,
  *   informing the TIER program about issues encountered in production implementation and provide data for next steps
regarding adoption support, technology development and feature set.

The TIER Program will select a limited number of diverse schools through this call for proposals. The chosen
organizations will commit to participating in the Campus Success Program for one year.

August 25, 2017: Proposal deadline.

For program and application details, see https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/oQrABg . For more information, contact Erin
Murtha at emurtha () internet2 edu.