Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

List Participation Guidelines - Friendly Reminder

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2017 18:32:21 +0000

Dear Security Discussion Group members,

EDUCAUSE provides Constituent and Discussion Group listservs on focused IT topics to support dialogue among members of
the higher education IT community. Our discussion groups (like this one!) use an open, self-subscription protocol to
encourage wide participation. Subscribers benefit from responsive interpersonal connections that frame a wealth of
professional experience and resources.

Please take a moment to review list participation guidelines:
https://www.educause.edu/discuss/constituent-and-discussion-group-participation-guidelines

We appreciate all participants who contribute to our discussions in a manner consistent with these guidelines. However,
some recent communications sent directly to subscribers following requests to this list have violated our participation
guidelines. This e-mail serves as a general reminder about contacting our community members with promotional messages
or advertising.

Promotional Messages and Advertising
EDUCAUSE Constituent and Discussion Groups are educational in nature and not intended for promotional announcements,
advertising, product-related press releases, or other commercial use. Please note that unsolicited commercial
communications to constituent group participants as a result of postings to a Constituent or Discussion list violate
the promotional messages and advertising provisions of these guidelines and may result in the loss of access to the
listserv in question.

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel
Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | vvogel () educause edu<mailto:vvogel () educause edu>

Become a Member- Everyone at your organization is an EDUCAUSE member when you join | Access discounts, resources, and
valuable peer networks | Discover membership<https://www.educause.edu/about/discover-membership>

Attend the EDUCAUSE Metrics
Mania!<https://events.educause.edu/webinar/2017/metrics-mania-using-metrics-to-bolster-your-higher-education-information-security-program>
 online seminar, August 9, 2017.