Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft LAPS

From: "Reyor, William F." <wreyor () FAIRFIELD EDU>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 16:08:13 +0000

Hi Francisco,

Did you follow any one implementation guide to deployment. Just curious what you used as a resource to guide
implementation

Thanks,
Bill

On Aug 1, 2017, at 11:53 AM, Francisco Chavez <fac3 () STMARYS-CA EDU<mailto:fac3 () STMARYS-CA EDU>> wrote:

John Rogers,

The way we do it..

We created a Security Group called “Desktop Admins” for example and then by using GPO we add this group to the PC and
when a AD user is a member of this group he/she has local admin rights on the machine. By default PC’s joined to the
domain allow domain admins as administrators on the PC but you really don’t want to hand out domain admin rights to
just anyone. : )

Hope this helps...

Regards,
- Francisco Chavez

Francisco Chavez
Engineer, Network and Systems | Saint Mary's College of California
925-631-8236 | fac3 () stmarys-ca edu<mailto:fac3 () stmarys-ca edu>

<image003.jpg>