Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Secondary AD domains for students - good or more work when not needed?

From: Allen Wood <awood () HILLCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 14:55:22 +0000

I agree with Eric on this one.  I inherited a network with a “student” child domain.  It works but the child domain
isn’t necessary.

Also, if you have on-premise Exchange, DAG will not work unless all servers are on the same domain… That’s one of my
ongoing issues that I’ve decided to ignore for a little while.