Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Get Ready for NCSAM 2017

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:26:43 +0000

Join EDUCAUSE and NCSA<https://staysafeonline.org/> as we celebrate the 14th year of National Cyber Security Awareness
Month<https://www.educause.edu/ncsam>.

October is just a few months away and summer is the perfect time to start planning events or activities for your campus!

Here are a few simple ways your institution can show support and help the higher ed community make NCSAM 2017 the most
successful yet.

  1.  Become a NCSAM Champion<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/champions/>. It’s free and easy to sign up online! Join
your peers and be recognized on NCSA’s website<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/champions/all-champion-organizations>.
  2.  Use the hashtag #CyberAware<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CyberAware> on social media.
  3.  Download free promo materials<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/promote-ncsam> from NCSA, including
logos, sample social media posts, memes, infographics, and more.
  4.  Learn how to get more involved<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/> and make a difference this October
and year round.
  5.  Discover the 2017 weekly themes<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/about>.
  6.  Use our 8-question NCSAM Planning Guide worksheet (available in the NCSAM Resource
Kit<https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/NCSAM+Resource+Kit>) to start planning your events or
activities.
  7.  Find free resources in our Cybersecurity Awareness Resource
Library<https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/Cybersecurity+Awareness+Resource+Library>.
  8.  Search for potential guest speakers in our Speakers
Bureau<https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/Speakers+Bureau>.
  9.  Announce the 14th anniversary of NCSAM in a campus newsletter, blog, or student paper. Consider using sample text
from our Security Awareness
Campaign<https://www.educause.edu/focus-areas-and-initiatives/policy-and-security/cybersecurity-initiative/community-engagement/security-awareness>
 materials for that month — October 2017: Information Security Is Our
Responsibility<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2016/11/october-2017-information-security-is-our-responsibility>.
  10. Save the date for a free EDUCAUSE Live! webinar on October 26, 2017 (1-2 pm ET).

Please share any plans you have with this discussion list. We are also happy to provide assistance if you need to find
resources – just send a note to security-council () educause edu<mailto:security-council () educause edu>.

We look forward to celebrating with you this October!
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Senior Manager, Cybersecurity Program

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | main: 202.872.4200 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>