Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

2fa for PeopleSoft?

From: Greg Jackson <gjackson () SDCCD EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 16:50:29 +0000

I knew this at one time, but knowledge is fleeting (at least at my age) and often obsolete. So I’d appreciate help from
anyone with current wisdom.
Here’s the question: What are the options to enable 2fa for PeopleSoft applications on a user-by-user basis (that is,
some users are forced to use 2fa, for others it’s offered optionally, and neither of the above for the rest)?
For example, I’m wondering about native PS functionality, native functionality in the authenticating AD, third-party
products associated with PS, ditto with AD.
And, if you have used one or more of these options, recommendations as to which works best?
Many thanks in advance for any public or private guidance you can provide!

Greg Jackson
sdccd.edu ● gjackson.us ● 1-619-388-6868 ● gjackson () sdccd edu