Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Keyboard dynamics

From: Eric Weakland <eric () AMERICAN EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2017 14:33:11 +0000

Walter,

There was a product that I heard of/we demo’ed in 2007/8 timeframe that was called “biopassword” – that used “flight
and dwell time” – i.e. – learned how you typed your password as a 2nd factor.

Don’t know if they are still around/what became of them.

Eric Weakland, CISSP, CISM, CRISC
Director, Information Security
Office of Information Technology
American University
eric at american.edu
202.885.2241

Emails from IT asking you to log in with a link are scams!