Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

(SECURITY] Enabling Audit Functionality in O365

From: Patricia Malek <pamalek () LOYOLA EDU>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 00:34:14 +0000

Good Evening,

We are thinking about implementing audit logging on O365 mailboxes and had some questions that maybe the group could
assist us with:

1.       What kind of activities do you log?

2.       What is your retention policy on the log?

3.       How large does the log size get?

4.       Do you use the logs for any proactive alerting around possible account compromise?

I appreciate any information you could provide around this function.

Thank you.

Patricia Malek, CISSP
Director of CyberSecurity
Technology Services
pamalek () loyola edu<mailto:pamalek () loyola edu>

www.loyola.edu/informationsecurity<http://www.loyola.edu/informationsecurity>

Security Alert: Loyola Technology Services will never ask for your password.  Please do not share it with others.