Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Virtual Routing for Voice Traffic

From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bhuntley () CLARKSON EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 11:39:50 -0400

We've run a converged network for over a decade. QoS can be a challenge,
especially if you have a heterogeneous hardware config on your network, but
running your VoIP over a separate vlan on your data net shouldn't be a
problem.  For us, anything considered "life safety" uses POTS lines.  Our
network simply isn't engineered with sufficient redundancy to make it
life-safety worthy.

Brian

--
Brian T. Huntley
Director of Network Services and Information Security

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Nicholas Garigliano <ngarigl8 () naz edu>