Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Cloud Security Policy

From: Kevin Crider <kcrider () SKIDMORE EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 15:11:42 +0000

I hope not to hijack this thread, and thanks for those links, it brought up a couple questions here:

-          Does anyone have a similar policy on proper emailing of data? (what classes/data not to put in Email?)

-          Regarding securing SSN's, is anyone collecting SSN's via the web? If not, how do you?
The way we read our (NY state) law is that as long as the connection is encrypted or the SSN encrypted this is OK, but
the best practice, and options and impact, of this is being evaluated at my campus...

Kevin