Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Free wifi to campus visitors????

From: "Head, Anthony" <ahead () RICHMOND EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 03:29:05 +0000

We currently allow wifi access to "registered guests via a sponsor" but are considering offering "free wifi" to all
visitors and I was wanting to find out from the group what you do at your institutions.

Our thoughts would be that the "free wifi" would not have access to internal systems but rather just provide internet
access.

Do you have any restrictions or filters in place for "free wifi" visitors?

What in regards to EULA/Terms of Use do you have?

Do you log everything on the "free wifi"?

Thanks,
Anthony

Anthony Head
CISSP, GCIH, GPEN, MSNS, C|EH, CASP, Security+
Director of Information Security
Information Services
Jepson Hall G-12
28 Westhampton Way
University of Richmond, VA 23173
Email: ahead () richmond edu<mailto:ahead () richmond edu>