Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Oracle integration with a SIEM

From: Leon DuPree <duprleo () GMAIL COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2016 07:59:20 -0500

got a question for you. IBM Qradar is nice SIEM solution if you have the
space and know what you are doing :) has nice plugins for monitoring and
alerting things.. but I was not thinking it could replace some things.
Oracle Audit Vault provides Compliance Reports out of the Box for PCI,
HIPAA, FISMA etc Qradar cant replace this can it? I always thought that
Qradar could plug into Audit Vault and keep this information in the SIEM
for Security Metrics Oracle Vault I thought provided your Compliance
Reports on Database Management Qradar Event Management and Metrics I am
getting people thinking Qradar can do it all and I dont see it that way.. I
see them as partners not competitors. Perhaps you can set me straight :)

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Colin Abbott <colin.abbott () mcgill ca>