Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Let's Get Ready for NCSAM 2016!

From: Valerie Vogel <vvogel () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 21:01:49 +0000

National Cyber Security Awareness Month<http://www.educause.edu/ncsam> is just a couple of months away. Now is the
perfect time to start planning events and activities for your campus. Join EDUCAUSE and
NCSA<http://www.staysafeonline.org/> as we celebrate the 13th annual #CyberAware month this October.

Here are a few ways you can show your support and help us make NCSAM 2016 the most successful yet!

  *   Become a NCSAM Champion<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/champions/>. (It’s free and easy to sign up online! Join
your peers and be recognized on NCSA’s website<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/champions/all-champion-organizations>.)
  *   Use the hashtag #CyberAware<https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CyberAware> on Twitter and Facebook.
  *   Download the logo, social media profile images, web banners, poster, letterhead, certificates, memes,
infographic, and more from NCSA’s Promote NCSAM <https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/promote-ncsam>
page<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/promote-ncsam>.
  *   Visit NCSA's Get Involved<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/promote-ncsam> page to learn how you can
make a difference this October and year round. (There is a page developed specifically for College
Administrators<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/get-involved/college-administrators>, too!)
  *   Learn about the 2016 weekly themes<https://staysafeonline.org/ncsam/about/> and the history of NCSAM.
  *   Find free resources, as well as a list of 2016 campus events, in the NCSAM Resource
Kit<https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/NCSAM+Resource+Kit> and Cybersecurity Awareness Resource
Library<https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/Cybersecurity+Awareness+Resource+Library>.
  *   Invite an information security expert from the higher education community to provide a brief presentation by
using our Speakers Bureau<https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/Speakers+Bureau>.
  *   Announce the 13th anniversary of NCSAM in your institution’s newsletters or blogs (consider using sample text
from our 2016 Security Awareness Campaign materials for that month — October: Information Security Is Everyone’s
Responsibility<http://er.educause.edu/blogs/2016/5/october-information-security-is-everyones-responsibility>).
  *   Save the date for our free EDUCAUSE Live! webinar on October 11, 2016 (1-2 pm ET) with Lance Spitzner and Dr.
Johannes Ullrich.

Please let us know how you plan to participate or contact us if you need assistance (security-council () educause
edu<mailto:security-council () educause edu>). We look forward to celebrating with you this October!

Thank you,
Valerie

Valerie Vogel Program Manager, Cybersecurity

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
direct: 202.331.5374 | main: 202.872.4200 | twitter: @HEISCouncil | educause.edu<http://www.educause.edu/>