Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Zoom - Penetration Test

From: "Shankar, Anurag" <ashankar () IU EDU>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 20:14:28 +0000

Sean,

Sorry I don’t have an answer for you but we too investigated the possibility of using Zoom (for Telemedicine/PHI) in
2014.  We had to move because they said end to end encryption allows them to essentially claim the conduit exception
(which we didn’t think they could) and were not willing to sign a BAA.  I believe they do now.

Regards,

Anurag

---

Anurag Shankar,  Ph.D.  Email: ashankar [at] iu.edu  Phone: +1 (812) 856-6978

Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research, Pervasive Technology Institute, Indiana University

2719 E. 10th Street, Suite 231, Bloomington, IN 47408