Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Advanced Email Security Solutions

From: Bernardo Manuel Vasquez <bernardo.vasquez () NYU EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 18:25:48 -0400

Sue - we are doing a POC between Cisco's Email Security Appliance (aka:
Ironport) and Proofpoint.

In our assessment our team found that Office 365 does decent spam filtering
[ definitely open to input on this point from others... ].

Yet, this decision should not be made in isolation. As we evaluate NGFW's
(Cisco vs. Palo Alto), we believe that decision will influence our decision
of the Email Security solution we choose and what combination of appliance
vs. cloud we choose. The synergy and strategic partnership between these
vendors does work in your favor. For example, is one vendor having monthly
working sessions  with the other to ensure their solutions and operations
have maximum synergy. If so, you choose that solution - for maximum
support.

Best,
BMV

--

Bernardo Vasquez

NYU Chief Information Security Officer & Director, Office of Information
Security

New York University | NYU IT | 212-992-9235 | bernardo.vasquez () nyu edu