Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Remote Access Solutions

From: Frank Barton <bartonf () HUSSON EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 13:32:08 -0400

Ian, I would ask why you are trying to think outside of the traditional
IPSec/SSL tunnel/VPN?

Frank

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Ian Lazerwitz <
ian.lazerwitz () einstein yu edu> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I have been out of this side of the game for quite some time but was
recently asked to identify a new remote access solution.  We are a medical
education/research institution about 4000 user only 500 which will need
remote access.  We are trying to think outside of the traditional IPSec/SSL
tunnel.  Ideally this Remote Access solution will be device agnostic and
accommodate:

-Remote Desktop to a PC

-Remote Desktop to a Mac

-SSH Gateway (may need a separate tool for SSH Gateway)

Are there any solutions out there that handle it all now?  I am thinking
that SSH Gateway will need to be a separate solution.  Any recommendations
for remote access solutions including separate SSH Gateway solutions would
be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Ian Lazerwitz

[image: cid:image001.png@01D1A479.1E5A0870]