Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Third Party Network Access

From: Allen Wood <awood () HILLCOLLEGE EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 22:07:05 +0000

For the past several years, we've had a policy against any computer (not managed by us) being physically plugged into
our network.  Due to extra layers of protection that we have on our wireless network, we have designated it to be used
by all personal and 3rd party computers.

Until now, this policy has been well enforced and there have been no exceptions.  Recently we've reached agreement with
a 3rd party in which we'll need to provide wired network access on a full-time basis.  I would like to have some type
of written agreement in place regarding the requirements and expectations of the computers that are attached to the
network, as well as the expectations of the connection that we'll provide.

I'm assuming that others have been in a similar situation.  If so, would you be willing to share a copy of the
agreement that you have in place?

Thanks in advance,

Allen Wood, CISSP
Director of Information Security & Technology
Hill College:  254-659-7845
CCNA Security, MCTS, Project+