Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: remote access policy

From: Joanna Grama <jgrama () EDUCAUSE EDU>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:33:02 +0000

Dear Mark,

The Higher Education Information Security Council (HEISC) has created an Information Security
Guide<http://www.educause.edu/security/guide> that contains some resources that may be of interest to you on this topic:

*        Access Control, https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/Access+Control

*        Information Security Policies,
https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/2014infosecurityguide/Information+Security+Policies

On both of the above pages you will find links to additional resources that include institutional policies that may be
useful to you.  On the information security policies page, in particular, sample access policies are listed about half
way down the page under the headings "access control" and "network access."

Please do let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Kind regards,
Joanna

Joanna Grama, JD, CISSP, CRISC, CIPT
Director of Cybersecurity and IT GRC Programs

EDUCAUSE
Uncommon Thinking for the Common Good
282 Century Place, Suite 5000, Louisville, CO 80027
direct: 720.406.6769 | main: 303.449.4430 | jgrama () educause edu<mailto:jgrama () educause edu>