Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Tenth Annual - Securing the eCampus at Dartmouth College - July 12th-13th 2016

From: Adam Goldstein <Adam.Goldstein () DARTMOUTH EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 14:52:14 +0000

We are very excited to announce that the Tenth Annual Securing the eCampus conference will be held this July 12th and
13th at Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH. We invite you to join us for this special anniversary event in discussing the
unique challenges of cyber security in higher education and what it takes to build a culture of security at your
institution.

This year we will be featuring pre-conference workshops on the afternoon of July 11th with the full conference starting
the next day. The schedule on the 12th will feature a keynote breakfast, a series of lectures, panel discussions, and
workshops. The morning of the 13th will include more sessions and the conference will conclude with lunch at the
Dartmouth Outing Club.

Topics and speakers for 2016 include:

Keynote Speaker: Denis Goulet - Commissioner of Information Technology for the State of New Hampshire

Confirmed Presentations include:

  *   "People-centric Security Culture": George Ehrhorn, IT Security Manager for MathWorks

  *   "How Adopting the Public Cloud can Improve Your Security": Bill Wilder, CTO of Finomial

  *   "An APT Pupil? Sophisticated Intruders in a University Environment": Nathan Hall, Harvard IT Security

  *   "Cybersecurity Insurance: The Fundamentals and Value Before the Breach": Brian Kelly, CISO Quinnipiac University

  *   Rodney Petersen, Director of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) at the National Institute
of Standards and Technology (NIST)

  *   Doug Madory, Director of Internet Analysis at Dyn will provide an update on the impact of geo-political trends
and cyber-security

  *   Sean McNamara, IT Security Engineer Dartmouth College will speak on Incident Preparedness Drills

And more to be announced!

Pre-Conference Workshops on the afternoon of July 11th:

  *   SQL Injection: Pitfalls and Prevention Workshop

  *   Email Protection with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC

  *   Spiders, Tornadoes, and Deterministic Sensitivity?  How the Discipline of Decision Analysis can help Manage Cyber
Security Risk

Details on the conference and registration information can be found on our
website<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/events/ecampus/>. Due to the generous support of our sponsors, the registration
fee for the conference is only $149 and includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and a networking event on July 12th and
breakfast, lunch and snacks on July 13th.

Pre-Conference Workshops are only $49 for the afternoon.

We have set aside a block of rooms for the conference at the Six South Street Hotel in Downtown Hanover. The cutoff
date for the room block is June 14th. See the website's page on
lodging<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/events/ecampus/lodging.html> for more information.

This conference is co-hosted by the Institute for Security, Technology, and Society
(ISTS)<http://www.ists.dartmouth.edu/> and Information Technology Services<http://www.dartmouth.edu/comp/> at Dartmouth
College.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the Conference.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you in July!

Adam Goldstein

Associate Director - Information Security

Information Technology Services

Adam.Goldstein () Dartmouth EDU

and

Bill Nisen

Associate Director

Institute for Security, Technology, and Society

William.G.Nisen () dartmouth edu<mailto:William.G.Nisen () dartmouth edu>